Hi guys and gals!
I’ve revamped my all natural dog food recipie and you can watch it here now!
(See my Part 1 post of why I started exploring gently cooked meals in the first place and find the documentary link which motivated me to do it! )
I wanted more nutrients in the diet and decided to go full out and buy all the minerals and vitamins needed so that I can have a peace of mind that JJ and Belle are getting all the necessary nutrients.
Have a look for yourself:
– Makes 5 days worth (Based on JJ’s weight – 23kg = 90g/ day)
-Portion: 1 tupper / day. 1/2 in the AM, 1/2 in the PM
-Tools: Handheld mixer (Or a spoon), Pressure Cooker (Or a pot), Boiling Pot
- Butternut Squash – 1
- Carrots – 3
- Water – 1 Cup
- Spinach – 1 Pack
- Broccoli – 1
- 1 Pack of Alfalfa – 1 Pack
- Kelp – 1 cup
- Wolfberry – 1/3 Cup
- Beef Chuck – 500g x 4 Packs
- Fish oil – 5 Capsules
- Coconut oil – 3 Tbsps
- Glucosamine Tablets – 4 Tablets (Follow your package guidelines)
- Multi-Vitamins – 5 Chews
- Cut up (A) into small pieces and place into a container. Pour the water into the container and place in the pressure cooker for 20 mins. (If you don’t have one you can just boil it on low heat until it becomes a puree. Add more water if needed)
- Whilst (A) is cooking, cut up (B) into small pieces and place into a bowl. Add in the Kelp and Wolfberry and put to one side.
- Cut the Beef Chuck into smaller pieces and place all 4 packs into a separate bowl.
- Place the Beef into a pot and fill up with water to boil for 25 mins till cooked.
- Take the pot off the heat and gradually add the greens from step 2. into the pot until all has been combined.
- The key is to leave it to sit for about 15 mins and it cooks with the residual heat. That way we can kill any germs but keep the nutrients in tact.
- (A) should be cooked by now so use a hand held mixer to turn it into a puree, use a spoon in you don’t have one. (Whatever gets the job done! I’m just lazy).
- Once step 6. is done, add the greens and beef into the puree we just mixed. Depending on your preference adjust the amount of soup to put into the puree.
- Add in (C).
- Mix lightly and put the contents into separate tupper wear. Voila!
- Freeze the food, and before you go to sleep you can put the food in the fridge so it thaws inside the fridge. Then when you feed them in the morning it’s already thawed. Be sure to finish thawed food within 1-2 and I’d throw it away if you accidently leave it out on a hot day because it uses such natural ingredients.
Hope you enjoyed the post, until next time!