Hi pet lovers!
Let’s talk about cleaning without harming out pets and without leaving a carbon footprint.
What are the benefits to choosing natural alternatives compared to standard chemical brands?
- Natural ingredients replace harsh and often toxic chemicals which make them safer for people and pets
- It’s better for the environment to choose bio-degradable packaging or natural alternatives
- Transparency. Less confusing ingredients give you a clear idea on what you’re using
- Since the ingredients are organic, most of the time they are against animal testing.
- Natural alternatives in the market can be a bit more expensive
- With less chemicals to preserve the product shelf-life, products may expire sooner
- May take more effort to find natural based solutions as the major brands are readily available.
With that in mind, I’ve decided to summarise a lot of the great brands out there that I have tried and tested for your regular house cleaning.
Even though a floor cleaner or the type of wet wipes you use may not seem significant, you’d be surprised at how much of a difference it can make for your furry loved one as cats can smell 14 times better than us and for dogs it’s 40 times greater!
- Bio-Home Lemongrass and Green Tea Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- Bio-Home Lavender and Bergamot Dishwashing Liquid 500ml
- Bio-Home Lemongrass and Green Tea Floor Cleaner
All products are made from 100% natural plant-based active ingredients.
The products are made from recyclable packaging, they are safe for the home & environment and most importantly no animal testing has been conducted. This brand is my favourite by far.
- Unbleached Bamboo Organic Antibacterial Wipes 40 Sheets
- Unbleached Bamboo Facial Tissues 3 Ply
- Unbleached Bamboo Toilet Tissues 3 Ply
Cloversoft uses unbleached bamboo pulp. By using bamboo, they prevent the cutting down of trees and keeping the fabric unbleached omits the bleaching process where harmful gases are emitted to the atmosphere.
My absolute favourite is the Unbleached Bamboo Organic Antibacterial Wipes 40 Sheets, because they are thicker and larger than usual wipes and have a lot of moisturising benefits due to the aloe vera used in them. Also, for every pack sold, a portion of the proceeds are donated to saving the polar bears. That’s what I call a company with a cause.
The world’s first bottles made with a blend of recovered ocean plastic + post-consumer recycled plastic. The ingredients are naturally derived, non-toxic ingredients, and of course not tested on animals.
So take a step into making your life and your pets’ lives more natural and eco friendly! If you have better solutions, comment below and I’d love to incorporate them into my life too. (:
Hope you enjoyed the post, until next time!